Food Safety: Theory And Practice
Written from a "farm-to-fork" perspective, Food Safety: Theory and Practice provides a comprehensive overview of food safety and discusses the biological, chemical, and physical agents of foodborne diseases. Early chapters introduce students to the history and fundamental principles of food safety. Later chapters provide an overview of the risk and hazard analysis of different foods and the important advances in technology that have become indispensable in controlling hazards in the modern food industry.
The text covers critically important topics and organizes them in a manner to facilitate learning for those who are, or who may become, food safety professionals.
* Risk and hazard analysis of goods
* The prevention of foodborne illnesses and diseases
* Safety management of the food supply
* Food safety laws, regulations, enforcement, and responsibilities
* The pivotal role of food sanitation/safety inspectors
PowerPoint Presentations, Test Bank, and an Instructor's Manual, are available as free downloads.
Download Food Safety: Theory And Practice (9780763785567).pdf, available at changetakesfaith.org for free.
- Paul L. Knechtges
- Paperback | 460 pages
- 177.8 x 226.06 x 25.4mm | 709g
- Publication date
- 01 Aug 2011
- Jones and Bartlett Publishers, Inc
- Publication City/Country
- Sudbury, United States
- Bestsellers rank